Skip to main content

Team Building Activity


Team Building Activity

At the start of the term R11 learners worked collaboratively in groups to construct and build towers consisting of different materials: 

    - Team Challenge One: Balloons and tape.   
    - Team Challenge Two: Stacking mini cups in a tower. 

These team building activities were fantastic to watch and observe. Especially to observe how far students have come in the ability to be able to work positively and collaboratively with one another. Lots of meaningful discussions took place about how to construct the tallest tower.   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Te Reo Maori - Pukana Challenge

A challenge took place throughout this term (T2) regarding a 'Pukana Challenge' from schools within Aotearoa. The purpose of this challenge was to encourage the use of and participation in Te Reo Māori.  My Te Reo Māori Minister took charge in this department, teaching, encouraging and mentoring students through the process from start to finish. Lots of great discussions took place about what a pukana was, and the meaning of the kupu (words) they were saying. At the conclusion of this, R11 put out the challenge to the rest of the school. Having 2 classes take this up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGHxtTV6hU8    

Reading - Including Student Voice

Below is a reflection based around a reading I had read as part of my Inquiry into student voice. One aim that I want to implement into Term 2 is students sharing their expertise, opinions and ideas through running workshops. I know that this was successful last year 2016 Term 4 where students were experts in different areas.

Inquiry T2 - Peer Tutoring

Through the rich seem reading, I identified that I wanted to explore peer tutoring. The purpose behind this is the hope to motivate students to be more invested in their learning to achieve their learning outcomes. Through discovering my new inquiry, my team leader and I looked at how this would link to improving outcomes for my target students (Year 8 Māori boys) in Literacy, how we could achieve this  and the purpose as to why this focus is important and beneficial to the learner.  The purpose (Why) The develop accountability and engagement.  How  am I going to achieve this?  Modelling peer tutoring strategies Unpacking terms of what makes a successful peer tutor, using the T.I.P Chart.  Providing meaningful feedback/feedforward.  What am I doing (Teacher Inquiry)?  Inquiry Question - How will peer tutoring motivate students to be more interested in their learning to achieve their learning outcomes with regards to l...